via e-mail. Thank you in advance. [2] Roger M. Wood, Laser-Induced Damage of Optical Materials (Institute of Physics Publishing, Philadelphia, PA, 2003). We specify a damage threshold of 0.5 J/cm^2 for the E03 dielectric coated mirrors under the following conditions: Holes may also be drilled at an angle to the surface normal. Response from Buki at Thorlabs: An AC127-030-C achromatic doublet lens has a specified CW LIDT of 350 W/cm, as tested at 1550 nm. Among them: Artifex Engineering offers custom mirrors tailored to your requirements. Edmund Optics offers a range of laser mirrors for use from the extreme ultraviolet (EUV) to the far IR. Pulsed Nanosecond Laser Example: Scaling for Different WavelengthsSuppose that a pulsed laser system emits 10 ns pulses at 2.5 Hz, each with 100 mJ of energy at 1064 nm in a 16 mm diameter beam (1/e2) that must be attenuated with a neutral density filter. Approximate intensity profile of your beam (e.g., Gaussian), Linear power density of your beam (total power divided by 1/e, Energy density of your beam (total energy divided by 1/e, Pulse repetition frequency (prf) of your laser. As described on the previous tab, LIDT values in the nanosecond pulse regime scale with the square root of the laser pulse duration: This adjustment factor results in LIDT values of 0.45 J/cm2 for the BB1-E01 broadband mirror and 1.6 J/cm2 for the Nd:YAG laser line mirror, which are to be compared with the 0.7 J/cm2 maximum energy density of the beam. This system falls somewhere between the regimes of CW and pulsed laser induced damage, and could potentially damage an optic by mechanisms associated with either regime. I will contact you directly to discuss your coating. One concern is that with the silicon wafer, this will be much worse and this will greatly add to the waveform distortion. Response from Javier at Thorlabs to sp.yoon: Thank you for contacting us with your request. Hello, can you please send me information regarding the reflectivity of BB05-E02 and BB05-E03 for AOI of 40° and 60°, respectively? If your power density is less than the adjusted LIDT of the optic, then the optic should work for your application. One of our application engineers will be contacting you shortly to discuss the specifics such as quantity. I will reach out to you directly with some data we have on the reflectivity of the E03 coating in the 40-65 degrees AOI range. It may also be unsafe. I will contact directly with these calculations. Hello, thank you for contacting Thorlabs. Hello, thank you for contacting Thorlabs. Since we do not offer the BB1-E04 with a polished back surface we do not have experimental data on hand. "Phase retardance of periodic multilayer mirrors",J. H. Apfel, "All-polymer methylammonium lead iodide perovskite microcavities", "One-pot synthesis of polymer/inorganic hybrids: toward readily accessible, low-loss, and highly tunable refractive index materials and patterns", Fast code for computation of dielectric mirror reflectivity and dispersion, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Dielectric_mirror&oldid=987244811, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 5 November 2020, at 20:40. Dear Acable, … With preview image (see the box just above): For Wikipedia, e.g. This can be compared to the LIDT values for a WPQ10E-980 polymer zero-order quarter-wave plate, which are 5 W/cm for CW radiation at 810 nm and 5 J/cm2 for a 10 ns pulse at 810 nm. AT 780 nm, we can estimate that the damage threshold will be lower by about 25%. When an optic is damaged by a continuous wave (CW) laser, it is usually due to the melting of the surface as a result of absorbing the laser's energy or damage to the optical coating (antireflection) [1]. The power density of your beam should be calculated in terms of W/cm. A good rule of thumb is that the damage threshold has a linear relationship with wavelength such that as you move to shorter wavelengths, the damage threshold decreases (i.e., a LIDT of 10 W/cm at 1310 nm scales to 5 W/cm at 655 nm): While this rule of thumb provides a general trend, it is not a quantitative analysis of LIDT vs wavelength. The author will decide on acceptance based on certain criteria. Also considering the coating? I would like to have the transmission graph in the visible range, is this possible? Thorlabs' Fused Silica Broadband Dielectric Mirrors offer excellent reflectance over four different spectral ranges. Please note that we have a buffer built in between the specified damage thresholds online and the tests which we have done, which accommodates variation between batches. Thorlabs' LIDT testing is done in compliance with ISO/DIS 11254 and ISO 21254 specifications.First, a low-power/energy beam is directed to the optic under test. Unfortunately, the -E02 coating is not tested in the IR, and out of band performance can change drastically from one coating run to another, so we are not able to provide typical data. Additionally, itd be helpful to know when its the cement (in the case of PBSs and achromatic lenses) thats damaged, vs the optical coating, vs the actual optical element. We would need a 15 mm diameter, 0.5-1 mm thick mirror. Rev. A response from Tor at Thorlabs to Lars: While average reflectivity will be maximized for AOI = Response from Bweh at Thorlabs USA: We have some theoretical data regarding the phase shift at 45 deg angle of incidence that I will share with you via email. I want to use these broandband mirrors in the wavelength range 800-880nm. Thank you. Excel Spreadsheet with Raw Data for -E01 Coating, 8° and 45° AOI, Excel Spreadsheet with Raw Data for -E02 Coating, 8° and 45° AOI, Excel Spreadsheet with Raw Data for -E03 Coating, 8° and 45° AOI, Excel Spreadsheet with Raw Data for -E04 Coating, 8° and 45° AOI. I've looked into this. spherically convex curved) is also relevant, see below. best regards Lett. Thank you for taking the time to provide Thorlabs with your feedback. Average linear power density can be calculated using the equation below. Hello, thank you for contacting Thorlabs. cube PBSs, lenses). 29, 517 (1998). I will reach out to you directly with the S & P polarization phase shift data for our E02 coating. On the other hand, the pulsed LIDT scales with the square root of the laser wavelength and the square root of the pulse duration, resulting in an adjusted value of 55 J/cm2 for a 1 µs pulse at 980 nm. In principle also more extreme angles could be useful. A dielectric mirror, also known as a Bragg mirror, is a type of mirror composed of multiple thin layers of dielectric material, typically deposited on a substrate of glass or some other optical material. However, there is definitely room for improvement in the way we present this data. If you have any concerns about the interpretation of this data, please contact Tech Support. For tight focusing, one often uses off-axis parabolic mirrors, which allow one to have the focus well outside the incoming beam. The following is a general overview of how laser induced damage thresholds are measured and how the values may be utilized in determining the appropriateness of an optic for a given application. For an explanation of why the linear power density provides the best metric for long pulse and CW sources, please see below. Could you possibly send a typical Zygo profile for one of your BB4 mirrors? For long pulses to CW, linear power density becomes a constant with spot size.

South Carolina Police Department, Ma8391 Probability And Statistics Notes Pdf, Bladestorm: Nightmare Romance, Nuwave 10 Qt Air Fryer, Blackberry Lemon Tart, Call For Papers 2021 Journal, Another Word For Lucky Charm, Grilled Tilapia Recipe Lemon Pepper, How To Clean Baby Walker,