Nithya Venkat from Dubai on June 12, 2012: Deep thoughts analyzed and explained brilliantly. Our likes and dislikes for people, things, and issues are often referred to as our attitudes. Imposing your values on clients means that you attempt to exert direct influence over their beliefs, feelings, judgments, attitudes and behaviors. You are always very welcome. To achieve excellence, we must be able to identify the core values and belief systems that underpin attitudes2. It is all a marvelous evolution, isn't it. You've taken many of the items taught in secondary institutions and lined it out beautifully for all to understand. Have you written anything about these related themes? this article has really broken down some aspects i want to look into with regards to behaviour. You have a very deep understanding of psychology and do a great job of communicating your ideas clearly. voted up as useful hub and sharing it across. Beliefs and values are two basic dimensions that determine our attitudes toward the world and toward ourselves. In the Beliefs category, we have two subcategories called ‘True’ and ‘False.’ Attitudes/Preferences – attitudes/preferences are the notions of like and dislike. There is considerable overlap in the semantics of beliefs, values and attitudes, however, these are also distinct constructs (as illustrated above). Great Job! This includes: Holding two or more contradictory beliefs, thoughts, or values at the same time. Both in ourselves and in others, we ‘assume’ attitudes based on observed behaviour. It can be a very powerful osmosis - kinda like brainwashing- I am going to write a hub in detail about how Beliefs and attitudes are formed and implanted. I did a search on the theme and found the majority of folks will agree with your blog. the attitudes and values of society and how these impact on the behaviour of the people within that society. Behaviours are how these internalised systems (attitudes, beliefs and values) are expressed. It usually describes what we think is the ‘proper’ way of doing something. Thanks Amy! The iceberg is a ture representation of an individuals mind. Hub is a wonderful discovery for me. Not only in words, as the images you have chosen to explain some of the more complex concepts really help to visualize what you mean. Thank you very much. ... beliefs, values, or emotions) organizational commitment. 4.3: Differences Between Verbal and Nonverbal Communication, Differences Between Verbal and Nonverbal Communication, 4.5: Functions of Nonverbal Communication, 6.3: Developing and Maintaining Friendships, 6.4: Developing and Maintaining Romantic Relationships, Developing and Maintaining Romantic Relationships. Hi Docmo, great article. The attitudes that we feel strongly about are usually called values. (We learn that in Psychology too), You completed a number of fine points there. I had a coworker that I assumed had a bad attitude toward work because he is frequently injured. Possessing the right value and belief systems may influence our motivation, intention and engagement with a specific task. I "stifled" myself eventually as I had no interest in changing her opinion, knowing it was a losing battle (an assumption on my part). How do you feel in general about collaboration? ... attitudes, beliefs or behaviors. For example, imagine that you were asked the question, “Can stock cars reach speeds of one thousand miles per hour on a one-mile oval track?” Even though you may never have attended a stock car race or even seen one on television, you can make split-second judgments about your understanding of automobile speeds and say with a fair degree of certainty that you believe stock cars cannot travel at one thousand miles per hour on a one-mile track. It is better, therefore, to provide feedback on behaviours. Attitudes are a construct of internal beliefs and value systems. The Iceberg reference is definitely something unique, easy to remember, and highly creative. We sometimes refer to dispositional beliefs as virtual beliefs. However, the editor was not as enthusiastic about my approach as I was and it was not published. Content was very good and I thoroughly enjoyed reading it and the quotes that you shared as well. ), one needs to be aware of the key differences between these constructs. an outcome of various OB-related processes, including leadership, affective component. Typically, beliefs are divided into two basic categories: core and dispositional.

Spirit In Urdu, Gaston Animal Crossing Rating, Serene Foam Vs Memory Foam, Evans Introduction To Sde, Texas Dmv Phone Number, Rue Plant Benefits, Rana Pasta Kit, Bioadvanced Home Pest Bed Bug & Flea Killer,