Umm, yes please. The first time I made these I thought they were wonderful. We have topped with pico, or grilled zucchini/squash. Served with some red refried beans & chiles and a bit more sliced jalapeno and scallion to taste. Tweet. I cooked the fish in a cast iron pan, I think I would half the oil next time as the pan is non-stick. We don't care for raw onions so I shredded some cabbage, carrot, and used some left over spaghetti squash to make the jalapeno sauce mixture and it was delicious with the tacos. These are one of my all-time favorite taco recipes. No leftovers. The rub on the filet was yummy and they were so quick and easy. I pan seared the fish in my cast iron wok and replaced the sour cream with plain non fat yogurt, even my finicky husband liked them. I cut my fillet lengthwise, putting one half in each tortilla and added the avocado slices and onion sauce and a squeeze of lime juice, just like the recipe suggests. Happy taco tuesday! We did substitute mahi mahi for tilapia and it turned out great. Excellent!! Everybody understands the stuggle of getting dinner on the table after a long day. I didn't have any of the ingredients for the avocado sauce, but managed to find a can of Hormel chili (no beans of course) to top these bad boys off! I would make this on a weekday or for a special occassion. 1 tablespoon chili powder (feel free to use more if you like it spicier) When you do that this dinner comes together in a jiff! My fianancee made these for a weeknight dinner, and they were fantastic! If I had to choose one food to eat for the rest of my life, it would most definitely be tacos. Warm tortillas according to package directions. These were phenomenal! Once I scraped off the moldy bits it threw them in the oven to crisp up. LOVE the amount of protein in this recipe! I like the seasoning blend for the fish very tasty. 380 calories; protein 26.8g 54% DV; carbohydrates 20.7g 7% DV; fat 22.9g 35% DV; cholesterol 49.5mg 17% DV; sodium 357.3mg 14% DV. The spice rub for the tilapia adds great flavor. And I made the cream mixture using plain yogurt & a chipotle with a little adobo instead of sour cream & jalapeño (that happened to be what I had in the house but I'll use it next time too, the chipotle lent a nice smoky/spicy touch). These were amazing the best fish tacos I have made by far. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Some of the best fish tacos around. Blackened Tilapia Tacos with Basil-Lime Mayo Blackened Tilapia Tacos with Basil-Lime Mayo. Make food truck-style fish tacos at home using fresh tilapia, avocado, cilantro and corn tortillas, and top with a creamy onion-jalapeno mixture for amazing flavor. Not too spicy (I like flavor, not heat) for me but a little kick for my husband. Pretty easy and really tasty! I'm a huge avocado fan, but as none of the avocados we got from the store turned out to be edible, I left them out and it was still a great meal. The fish seasoning is perfection. I used the spices exactly as written (except chipotle pepper instead of red pepper), but used cod instead of tilapia. I also made the sauce with fat free greek yogurt instead of sour cream and it tasted great. Blackened Tilapia Tacos topped with a spicy avocado sour cream sauce and a quick pickled radish slaw! Relatively easy to make and amazing flavors. the family loved it. The spices were great on the fish and could easily be delicious on other meats or fish. These are delish! This was the first fish taco recipe I've attempting making, and we really liked them! I used ground coriander instead of fresh cilantro and LaTortilla Factory Smart & Delicious tortillas instead of corn tortillas. This is a great recipe that is quick to pull together and serve in larger quantities. I didn't have corn tortillas and subbed flour. Husband asked for it again and again. Made as written except I added red pepper to the onions since we love them so much. I baked my tilapia at 400F for 15 minutes after brushing it with olive oil and sprinkling the spices over it. I highly recommend these. I added Adobo seasoning to blacken mix. Save Pin FB. The next couple of times the onion was strong and overpowering. Awesome, easy tilapia fish tacos that leave you feeling full but not sluggish! I used plain lowfat yoghurt instead of sour cream, works just as well and cools it nicely, and healthier. Well he literally was raving about them hours after dinner as we were getting ready for bed. We eat them at every meal and even use them in our aromatherapy session (to combat the awful Missouri allergy season(S!) Will definitely add this to our regular rotation! YUM. Everyone loved this dish and the cilantro rice I served on the side. It was still PHENOMENAL! Disappointing after all the rave reviews. I loved the avocado but the hubby did not. Whether you're cooking for yourself or for a family, these easy dinners are sure to leave everyone satisfied and stress-free. The sauce really MUST be prepared in a mini-food processor. I was afriad becuase I made a really bad fish taco recipe in the past, but this one was easy and very tasty. These were a big hit in our family. Let marinate, 30 minutes to overnight. Easy recipe - tasty and light. After processing it was a little runny, but very tasty. I couldn't find tilapia so I used salmon instead. I also don't like the use of tilapia in this recipe. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Maybe not the best fish tacos I've ever had, but good. I will make this one again. Superfast and very easy. You can prepare the seasonings and make the onion mixture the night before for a super quick dinner. I might sub out the onion and use some angel hair cabbage instead. The last time for a dinner party of 8 where I set up a Mexican Food Bar and our guests made their own Baja Tacos. And it's SO GOOD. We felt the onions took center stage, and that shouldn't be. I used my cast iron skillet, which is naturally nonstick, so no oil was necessary. The rub was tasty - not very spicy or overwhelming. It was a nice change for dinner but likely not a repeater. Will make again and follow the whole recipe next time! Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Great blackened seasoning too - I'll be making that again for others things as well. LOL. The only thing I would've added more of was salt, but I will admit that I'm a salt lover. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. I thought the jalapeño sauce would be hot, but it wasn't at all. I didn't have any fish, so I grabbed some ground beef from the fridge instead. 1 teaspoon onion powder . It was great, you really need try this dish!! Easy to make and I made no substitutions. @hostthetoast coats tilapia in a fiery spice blend before quickly searing over high heat until a nice, blackened crust forms. as a side, i threw all of this into a pot: 1 can black beans, 1/2 jar salsa, chopped onion, and some frozen corn (season as you want). And still great as leftovers! The onion jalapeno sauce was delicious. Excellent flavors! The brown sugar gave it an unusually pleasant kick. I have to say that the lime wedges inhanced the flavor of the meal. One of the first things I have ever been confident enough to cook for someone besides myself. Made the recipe exactly and added salt to taste at the end. Loved it, I will definitely be making this again! I made the sauce without any jalapeno because I just can't do spicy. I did soak the onions in some cold water for about 30 minutes before adding them to the sauce to tone them down a bit. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, Nutrition

Person To Person: The Problem Of Being Human Pdf, Janome Memory Craft 6500 Troubleshooting, Fast Growing Vegetables In Small Pots, Pubic Hair In Tagalog Words, Janome Memory Craft 6600 Parts, Tattoo Idea Generator, Philosophy Hope In A Jar Review, Research On Motivation Suggests The Following:, Famous Guitar Tab, The Sage Handbook Of Human Resource Management Pdf, Tattoo Idea Generator, Sickle Cell Trait Wiki, Social Studies Argumentative Essay Topics,