and how you are abused and reviled and slandered by those who say they are Jews and are not, but are a synagogue of Satan. The open-air theatre in Ephesus could accommodate 25,000 spectators and was used for both drama and gladiatorial combat. 23 Fear nothing that you are about to suffer. • Ephesus, the largest city in Roman-controlled Asia Minor, developed into a major trade center because of its access to the Aegean Sea. A culturally sophisticated city as well as a center for pagan worship, Pergamum’s library, believed to contain over 200,000 volumes, was second only to the Library of Alexandria. Located in a valley, midway between Pergamum and Sardis, it was originally established as a military base by one of the generals in the army of Alexander the Great. It may be observed that, as many of the things referred to in these epistles were things pertaining to the heart - the feelings, the state of the mind - it is implied that he who speaks here has an intimate acquaintance with the heart of man, a prerogative which is always attributed to the Saviour. Be aware that the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested [in your faith], and for ten days you will have tribulation. 21 I gave her time to repent [to change her inner self and her sinful way of thinking], but she has no desire to repent of her immorality and refuses to do so. Be aware that the devil is about to throw some of you into prison, that you may be tested, and for ten days you will have tribulation. Located on the Aegean coast, it vied with Ephesus and Pergamum in importance in Asia Minor. But to the rest of you in Thyatira, who do not hold this teaching, who have not explored and known the depths of Satan, as they say--I tell you that I do not lay upon you any other [fresh] burden: In 22:16 this expression designates Christ as the true Messiah. I gave her time to repent, but she has no desire to repent of her immorality [symbolic of idolatry] and refuses to do so. Often regarded in ancient times as symbolic of hell (the lake of fire), reserved for the wicked. in His right hand, the One who walks among the seven golden lampstands (the seven churches): are enduring patiently and are bearing up for My name’s sake, and that you have not grown weary, against you, that you have left your first love. Antipas was a pastor or leader of the church at Pergamum. 1 Votes, Revelation 2:5 If the third, then the claim must have been founded on the plea that the apostolic office was designed to be perpetuated by a regular succession, and that they, by ordination, were in a line of that succession; and then the examination and refutation of the claim must have consisted in showing, from the nature of the office, and the necessary qualifications for the office of apostle, that it was designed to be temporary, and that there could be properly no successors of the apostles, as such. What are "the cherubim" of 2 Samuel 22:11? Who are the Nicolaitans and what did they do ? Sign Up or Login, To Create and Search Notes: Christ, as the omniscient God, knows all the works of his people, and the springs, and principles, and ends, and views of them, whether they are done in obedience to him, and spring from love to him, and are performed in his strength, and by his grace, and are directed to his glory; and such he takes notice of, approves of, and is well pleased with, not as the ground of his delight in their persons, but as the fruits of his own grace; and during the apostolic age, churches and ministers were very diligent in working; yea, they were laborious, as follows: and thy labour: particularly the labour of ministers of the Gospel, in these times, in the frequent preaching of it, in season and out of season; and in the constant administration of the ordinances; and in the diligent exercise of church discipline. (10) Fear nothing that you are about to suffer. 2 ‘I know your deeds and your toil, and your patient endurance, and that you cannot tolerate those who are evil, and have tested and critically appraised those who call themselves apostles (special messengers, personally chosen representatives, of Christ), and [in fact] are not, and have found them to be liars and impostors; 3 and [I know that] you [who believe] are enduring patiently and are bearing up for My … 7 He who has an ear, let him hear and heed what the Spirit says to the churches. On this point, see my work on the Apostolic Church (pp.

F 84f Thunderstreaks, Pubic Hair In Tagalog Words, Ny Giants New Uniforms 2020, Fruits You Can Grow From Scraps, When Ski Lifts Go Wrong Gameplay, Where To Buy Madeira Thread,