The double cheeseburger is a national treasure and the crab hush puppies are little balls of joy on a plate. I would highly recommend! The morel gravy that comes with the meal is addictive too. Unfortunately, this restaurant is not on the OpenTable reservation network. I dont know if the cook was off but the food wasnt great. Our Thanksgiving Day specials alongside our dinner menu will be served all day from 11am-12pm. Can't wait to come back when the restaurant is truly up and ready to go. We went to this restaurant with a few friends and the staff were very courteous and kept their eye on our needs throughout the entire meal. The food was as well done and creative as usual! Get quick answers from Unconventional Diner staff and past visitors. If you can make it to a desert, the pistachio ice cream is incredible and unlike any I have had before. (See...photo)More, We had a party of three for Breakfast/ Brunch today August 2 2020. The menu is studded with imaginative delights that echo the restaurant's name, from French fries with "sexy sauce" to spring rolls with "Franch" dressing to a meatloaf "nothing like anyone's mom's.” Chef David Deshaies, a much-praised protege of Michel Richard, is the culinary force behind this highly acclaimed spot in Shaw. There may be a secret ingredient in there; they are addictive. Unconventional Diner serves inspired dishes that blend soulful comfort with haute technique. Can’t wait to go back. I found myself browsing the menu and couldn't find anything I didn't want to try. I’ll be coming back here for sure! The food was excellent; presented well and delicious. To start, there was a nice salad of good greens (not cheap iceberg), which could be split two or four ways, depending on how much salad you like to eat. Digital, disposable or sanitised menu provided, Sanitiser or wipes provided for customers, Diners must wear masks unless eating or drinking. Creamy/chunky red skin mashed potatoes. We saved about half the meatloaf, half the gravy and a little more than half the mashed potatoes for round two leftovers. Now accepting Pre-Orders for Thanksgiving Day! Am fairly sure I will need more comforting. All reservations are for 1 hour and 30 minutes maximum for proper sanitation between each seating and to ensure all reservations are honored. The chicken parm was fine. And did I mention the food was very good! The fried chicken was seasoned and fried to perfection. Now accepting Pre-Orders for Thanksgiving Day! Definitely coming back here again! The Brussels sprouts were perfectly roasted, crispy and sweet. We split two ways and ate all the salad. The coleslaw and Tabasco like sauce added some heat. The waiters were so accomodating and checked on us often. I can't say it enough - really good food - an amazing deal! OpenTable is part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services. We opted for outside seating for personal comfort reasons. The meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy are some of the best I've ever had, are a good-sized portion, and they keep and reheat well - perfect for two meals (for two people). Successful Delivery Experience - Winner Winner Meatloaf Dinner - WHAT A DEAL! Local cuisine, American, Diner, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Vegetarian Friendly, Vegan Options, Gluten Free Options, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible, Serves Alcohol, Full Bar, Table Service, Takeout, Reservations, Street Parking, Courtyard by Marriott Washington Downtown/Convention Center, Residence Inn by Marriott Washington Downtown/Convention Center, Cambria Hotel Washington D.C. Convention Center, Library of Congress National Book Festival, Carter G. Woodson Home National Historic Site. Only thing I would say I didn’t approve of is my dirty Caesar salad which had iceberg as it base green. Chicken and waffles not your traditional kind but the chicken was made to perfection. Wildly popular for weekend brunch. If you believe this review should be removed from OpenTable, please let us know and someone will investigate. Brought my sister in from out of town and she loved it as much as I do. Unconventional Diner does offer delivery in partnership with Caviar. "Unconventional" but very good. Relaxing, safe, delicious and at a reasonable cost; what more could you ask. I’m looking forward to going back again soon. If you want some great American dishes with plenty of flavor this is your place. Our daughter just moved to Shaw so we will be visiting regularly so look forward to more visits to the Unconventional Diner. And our waiter was amazingly friendly and helpful. Please pre-order by Monday, November 23rd. Our waiter, Ian , was attentive and seemed to appear when we needed something but not over bearing. Service was very good and friendly, too. Brunch was so delicious. One of the best breakfasts I’ve had in a very long time. Husband said he is looking...forward to leftovers tomorrow. We heated up the portions we wanted in the oven (meatloaf, sprouts) and microwave (mashed potatoes, gravy) for a little while for heat and safety, and put the rest in containers for the fridge. You could almost forget about the potatoes and eat that gravy with a spoon like a soup. Eclectic menu, including S. American fare. Reserve a table at Unconventional Diner, Washington DC on Tripadvisor: See 216 unbiased reviews of Unconventional Diner, rated 4.5 of 5 on Tripadvisor and ranked #36 of … We heated up the portions we wanted in the oven (meatloaf, sprouts) and microwave (mashed potatoes, gravy) for a little while for heat and safety, and put the rest in containers for the fridge. This diner can get packed so reservations are highly recommendedMore, I have been here a number of times and it is probably the most unique menu in DC. The hush puppies were buttery on the inside and had this delicious butter on the side. Tripadvisor gives a Travellers’ Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travellers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor. Literally. Will definitely be back. If transferring is available for your reservation, you will be able to transfer it from the reservation confirmation in your profile or by clicking “Manage” from within your reservation confirmation email. Our waiter, Ian , was attentive and seemed to appear when we needed something but not over bearing. The spaghetti on the side needed something. We ordered in the afternoon for approx 6:00pm delivery. If you want some great American dishes with plenty of flavor this is your place. We felt very safe and also had a really enjoyable dinner. Does Unconventional Diner offer delivery through OpenTable, or takeaway? Dinner Menu | Monday - Sunday | 4pm - 9pm, Brunch Menu | Friday - Sunday | 9am - 4pm. It was too bland. Stumbled in during the soft open and was welcomed with open arms. And did I mention the food was very good! 2 huge chive biscuits with bacon (!) COVID update: Unconventional Diner has updated their hours, takeout & delivery options. We saw the same article many of you did about local restaurants offering takeout that...featured a photo of Unconventional's meatloaf dinner - I don't know why a photo of meatloaf looked so good, but we had to try it and so glad we did! Great Covid protocols and outdoor dining was comfortably in the shade during AM. The coleslaw and Tabasco like sauce added some heat.

Girl Names That Start With F, 2004 Bmw R1100s For Sale Craigslist, Tattoo Idea Generator, Accident On I-20 Eastbound Today, Fruits You Can Grow From Scraps, Golf Resort Tycoon Ii, Where To Buy Madeira Thread, Philosophy Sweet Vanilla Fig Shower Gel,